Looking for a permanent, full-time Brum junior Back end Developer.
What’s the role all about?
We are looking for experienced, passionate and innovative PHP developers to join our Taking-reality-forward Link Big’s team (Nadav & Andy). Upon joining this team you will be working on a variety of local & global projects to give both our team and our clients the best possible service and experience, see our "smart contextual links" -The next generation of links.
Link Big is a B2B & B2G Birmingham-based startup (currently in Natwest Entrepreneurs Hub at Brindley Square) backed by John Lewis & L Marks & ADV, with awards from Google (“Best retail start in Europe” 2016) and Facebook (Fb Startup 2017).
Cloud platform (stored on Digital Ocean) that creates contextual links (filed a patent for this as we're the only one in the world that does it) helping enterprise solve the 60% Mobile site drop off by making personal mobile experience (and the beauty is we're GDPR complaint!).
Why we‘re looking for back dev.
Actually we worked with PHP contractors for building the platform which already works great for 14 paying clients. But now that Big clients are about to start piloting with us, VC investors asked us to find full time CTO to take Link Big tech upon his/hers shoulders.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Develop and improve both internal and client facing systems and processes
- Integrating external products and services via APIs to add new functionality to our wide range of Mobile web links applications
- Working with global partners from Brazil to Israel (coming up: Japan & Germany!)
- You will have support from CEO (that crafted the infrastructure of the code & platform) and sales director, intro you to new clients that will supply the specs you need from the clients.
- You will also have the opportunity to research and experiment with new emerging technologies to improve existing systems and develop new products and services.
What skills do I need to have?
- Industry experience in PHP development & cloud-based platforms (ours @ Digital Ocean)
- Knowledge of PHP, Python and Node.js
- Self-motivation and the ability to produce quality results working to deadlines on fast-paced projects
- Experience implementing cross browser/device solutions and working with content management systems
- You should be proficient working with and building RESTful web services and APIs
- A passion for writing scalable, clean code
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £35-40k depending on experience (UK FAST PHP dev Salary our benchmark)
- Travel expenses to our HQ on Natwest hub (7 Brindley place)
- Equity (will be discussed in privite) We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get equity vesting on any month you’re with us! It’s the norm in any successful companies so we’re doing the same
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
Recent Dev Contractors recommend on working with Link Big
Contract type : Permanent full-time